This is the easiest corn bread/muffin recipe you’ll ever find. It’s perfect by itself or paired with soup. See my Creamy Corn Chowder Recipe. I used “Jiffy” Corn Muffin Mix because I didn’t want to spend too much time prepping. The “Jiffy” box says just add egg and milk but I added butter for creaminess and sugar for sweetness.
- 1 “Jiffy” Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter, unsalted, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine entire “Jiffy” mix and sugar into a mixing bowl then mix in the butter, egg, and milk.
- Batter should look a little grainy.
- Spray cupcake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour about ⅓ cup of batter into muffin pan.
- Bake until golden brown about 16-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven, using a toothpick, poke through to the center of a few cupcakes. If the toothpick comes out clean it’s done. If it comes out wet, put them back in the oven for another minute or two. Be careful not to over bake and dry out the muffins.
- Once the corn muffins are done and still hot, brush a little butter on the tops of the muffins.
- Let the muffins cool.
- Enjoy with coffee or soup.
Makes 8 muffins.
Thanks for reading!